Halloween Mantle 2014



I hope you were sitting down... it has been a while since I've dusted off the keyboard for a post. Halloween has me inspired, as always. I'm thinking this may be my most favourite mantle of all. Plain and simple. We started with a well aged window, appropriately dusty. Once cleaned and the remaining three pains of glass were Windexed, it was anchored to the wall just to be safe for the upcoming Halloween party.





I fell in love at Target this fall... this little crow skelly is one of my favourite new items. He hopped into my heart and cart. The white pumpkin was a Walmart find from about three years ago.



The black pumpkins are also new this year from Target. Oh bless you Target for coming to Canada -- you really do have a fabulous Halloween selection. The crow on the branch is metal and was a Home Sense purchase a couple of years ago. I love him because he actually looks like a real crow. So many crow/raven models don't get the beaks right and they end up looking like a black dove or worse... it's hard to get the Halloween mood happening when you're being glared at by skinny black chicken.

Thanks so much for popping by for a peek. Don't hold your breath for my next post, but you never know. Stranger things have happened. Especially at this time of year. :)

Tracy

Funky Junk



4 comments

  1. IT'S AAAAHHHHLIIIIIVEEEE! Said in my very best voice as Frank gets off the lab table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp!!! I almost choked on my flax and chia cereal when I saw a post from the Queen of Halloween! It surely was a welcome sight to see your frightful mantel on my blog sidebar. A little bit of rusty and crusty with a sprinkle of humor on the side and your mantel is all set for the teen bash! It's nice to see you back and I hope you come back to entertain the masses again. :o)

    I'll be UNdecorating today to get ready for my short guests. Have a good day, Tracy!

    xo, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mantel, Tracy...simple and spooky! Love the crow skeleton and the crow in the tree, too! Good to see you on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your mantel looks wonderful just the right amount of spooky but classy, lol, I wish Target would come to our Canadian town, lol

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)