Welcome Spring??



I finally put the finishing bits of this together this morning which is a bit questionable when you see what it looks like outside my window right now...


Things were just starting to dry up and the snow was only left in the shady spots. Until last night that is. On the bright side we can always use the moisture and it wasn't more than six inches and it is good snowman quality snow.



Last summer I painted this thrift store frame and added a bit of batting and cream coloured burlap. I picked up and painted the letters then too. I sanded them and antiqued them with my Tim Holtz walnut stain Distressing Ink. Much quicker and easier than a wash of paint and I just used a damp paper towel to soften it.

The part that was the most fun was putting the frame backing in with my new favourite tool -- the Point Driver! I waited for a 50% off coupon at Michael's as I have a big photo wall project in the works for my mom. How nice to never have to use a screwdriver and those little silver push-in thingys again.



 I used Grolier Beveled to print out SPRING, filled it with turquoise and printed it. I love old sheet music because it is usually 8.5 x 11 so it requires no printer fiddling.



Our new sign over the stairs to the lower level. We are looking forward to changing to the SUMMER mini banner... maybe by July. Sigh. Thanks for peeking!

Linking up to:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Rooted In Thyme

3 comments

  1. Will you be making any snowmen this spring? I REALLY like the new sign. At least it's feeling spring like inside. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macy called it yesterday - said the snowmen would melt too fast and she was right. Much of the snow was gone by the afternoon! We did make a snowman family earlier this 'spring'... will have to post those! Thanks! xo

      Delete
  2. Love your creative sign! I can't believe all the snow outside your house. Thanks for sharing your post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I'm a New Follower, Have a Happy Easter!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)