Waiting for Spring


Although it is still snowman building season here we are determined to make it feel like spring inside. Macy loves to decorate so we got a start on the weekend in the entryway. We are loving our new parlour cabinet, purchased from a lovely neighbour across the street. It already had the treadle sewing machine removed when she received it in the 60's. It matches an oak chair of Macy's paternal great grandparent's that sits in the entry.






Unfortunately it will be some time before anything is green  here in Alberta, so our trusty fake fleurs will have to do for now. If anyone needs snow for a display, I'd be happy to ship you some.


We raided my car and trailer collection at my desk for a hint of pink and summer fun to come. The Mr. Peanut salt & peppers are one of my most treasured momentos. They belonged to my maternal grandmother who passed away when I was ten.



The McCoy shoe, bird and chick, porcelain hand, and crochet thread all came from thrift stores. As an added bonus, the small ball of thread had a large piece of beautifully crocheted lace tucked inside! I am always going to peek inside now when I'm thrifting.



Many thanks to Karen, the wonderful Graphics Fairy for snippets from her extensive collection of free vintage art. It was just what we needed to perk up this frame. The eggs on the painted pot on the cabinet are from her site too.



I love this fresh new site as I come downstairs in the morning. Hopefully it will convince Mother Nature to move things along for us. Thanks for visiting!

Linking up to:

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


13 comments

  1. It's looking very spring like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. You did such a good job decorating the cubby. And I love your quilted tablerunner below it with those lovely colors! Great post.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?! I love it! Your collection of goodies is so diverse yet goes so well together at the same time! :)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! - So so gorgeous - Im super envious lol. Im also a new follower xxx Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I had to pin! I am now following, I hopeyou can stop by http://whimsyspace.blogspot.com and visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I came over from The Graphics Fairy party today. I love this frame, love your style (especially the hat and scarf on your busts!), and am a new follower.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chubby looks gorgeous, you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!I'm your new follower.Please come over to My place,stay as long as you like-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a spring and welcoming entry! I love it's simplicity. In fact, it's downright cinchy ... and would be perfect at our "It's a Cinch" multi-blog link party. The link stays open until midnight Friday and when you link at one blog, you're automatically linked up to the party's five co-hosts ...

    http://www.itallstartedwithpaint.com/2012/03/its-cinch-link-party.html
    Hope to see you at the party!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you at the party! Can I get you a glass or red or white?

      ;)

      Delete
  10. Love this entryway! I love that is so fresh and ready for spring. I love this time of year!

    Thanks for linking up to our party :)

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous entry! Love your fun mix of accessories!

    So glad you joined our Cinch party.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful entry, so many treasures in one little spot. Thanks so much for linking up to our party.
    Karah

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)