Barbie Camper Girls


One of my favourite toys as a child was my Barbie camper which I proudly purchased for $11.00 in fifth grade on our exciting family trip to Disneyland in 1972. I played with it, my nieces played with it, then Miss M, lamenting the taped together camp stools and missing steering wheel. This fall we discovered the new Barbie camper and she was pining away for it. On Saturday she sold her Little Tykes kitchen & vast pantry full of plastic food and is now the proud owner of the 2010 model. We're now running a Barbie Campground.



I loved the picture of my camper on the box.



It took Miss M a while to be ready to part with some of her favourite toys but after selling the kitchen & accessories she said that she felt good. More room in the playroom and now new Barbie love.

3 comments

  1. I'm your newest follower! Thanks for stopping in at Kensington Cottage. I love that you had your daughter sell some of the toys she no longer wanted to get the toy she did want. I have a 2 year old, and I know it is way too easy to just go buy the toy they want because you had so much fun with it when you were a kid. So fun that you have two campers now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that camper too!! It was played with my nieces also. I'm not sure what happened to it. I had all boys so GI Joe would have been using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! How fun that you passed it to your nieces and it's still around. It looks like all the blonde Barbies are having a great time traveling in their new camper.

    Shame on me. I bought a vintage pink Barbie car for our girls when they were little and sold it in my garage sale when we moved. The newer red one too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)